This morning at church was the baptism service. The pastor said that people who believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus and accept him as lord and savior of their lives follow in believer's baptism. Anoter pastor than told me as I touch the water that it was a renewal of my baptism.
But then I was left questioning the images of faith of both my past and my present. What if my view of Jesus is different than lord and savior? Does that totally invalidate any Christian images in my life, or can I find new meaning in beautiful traditions?
Water gives life. It renews. It refreshes. Baptism gives us hope for new beginnings and growth.
Communion brings people together. Jesus ate with his friends. He befriended the outcasts and ate with them. When we join in communion, we join in a celebration of community.
I refuse to give up everything that I hold dear. But my ideas are constantly changing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment