Friday, June 1, 2007

Christian Fundamentals

"I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he
descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. AMEN."


Can I still find hope if I don't believe in these things that lay the foundation of Christianity? Will my uncertainty about the Bible and the divinity of Jesus change the way I live? How does this effect my perception of my eternal future?

I believe in a God of love. A God who still loves as I question and struggle.

But do not be close-minded; this is not a matter of me questioning and then "coming to my senses" and believing again everything I once thought was true. Please do not pray for my spiritual healing in the sense of a return to the "right way of thinking." I only pray that I have company on my way.

No comments: