Sunday, July 29, 2007

in case you didn't know I was a geek before...

let's face it. I love learning. I love school. I love reading. true confessions at last.
all you who prayed for my "return to God" during my "explorations"... this is laughable, because I am sooo happy reading and exploring. I forgot how much I love it when I got so cynical about everything. (and I just realized that that sentence could easily be in reference to a struggle with sexual orientation that the movies say that you go through in college, and I want to clarify I am just talking about religion... hahaha.)

dear mom, grandpa, and rest of the world thinking I am going to end up broke, in debt, and unable to sustain myself because of my pursuit of higher education in religion: I love it. that's all there is to it. and if I live an average life span, I have plenty of time to worry about loan payoff, debt, real jobs, a roof over my head, and everything else. we're talking, what? another 50 or 60 years? and I know that isn't guaranteed time, but who the hell cares if I die in debt? I am soooo happy where I am. I love AU. I love the idea of pursuing more schooling. I love the idea of exploring the world. I love the idea of teaching. I love the idea of investing in people. I love the idea of love. I love the idea of excitement in life. I love the freedom that comes from God to love these things without stressing about other things.

freedom.

freedom.

freedom.

free from your expectations.

free from my expectations.

freedom from the bondage of my pride, my need to please you, my fear, my hate, my insecurities.

freedom. isn't that what the new creation is about?

love. freedom. wow.

No comments: